During those cold winter months two things can keep you warm: a hot body and soup. One can take care of the other. Pick up the phone, comment how cold it is, and encourage your play pals over to warm their sexy bones with a bowl of soup and your charming ass. Keep in mind that soup takes a little while, but also lasts a while so making a bunch never hurts. Just multiply the recipe and you’ll have lunch for a week. The ginger in this recipe is also great for fighting off sickness like the common cold or celibacy.
1. 4 large carrots peels and chopped coursely
2. 1 inch length of fresh ginger peeled and chopped coarsely
3. 2 garlic cloves chopped coarsely
4. 1/2 onion peeled and chopped coarsely
5. 2 apples decored and chopped coursley and spiced with cinnamon
6. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
7. 4 cups of vegetable stock
Use a stockpot to sauté the ginger, garlic and onions in olive oil and cook down for 10 minutes.
Throw in the apple and carrot chunks along with the your preference in spices. Our suggestion would be a dash of turmeric and salt. Stir occasionally for 15-20 minutes until the spices have set in and the carrot and apple have softened.
Add the vegetable stock, bring to a roaring boil, then turn the heat on low and cover for another 30 minutes. Stir occasionally so it all cooks evenly.
The veggies should have softened significantly. Puree the shit out of it preferably with a cooking wand or use a Cuisinart or blender so it all becomes a gorgeous, aromatic orange color. Salt and pepper as needed and serve with bread or perhaps a delicious sandwich. Did I mention it’s vegan?
• Tumeric, paprika and cumin could spice things up nicely